We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times.
Summary of what’s below:
- We collect anonymous statistics about your visit, such as which of our pages you viewed and time spent on that page.
- Some 3rd parties like Facebook and Twitter may know you visited this website, if you use their services. We can’t control them but we don’t believe this knowledge poses any threat to you.
- If you sign up with us we take great care to keep your information safe and we’ll never share it with others without your express permission.
- We never share your data with 3rd parties except to help us deliver our own services, backups and accounting.
We are TLA Fitness , our registered address is TLA Fitness, TLA Studio, Church Farm Barn, Sunningwell Village, Abingdon OX13 6RD. .
What Information do we collect from you
We know how important people’s personal data is and therefore make sure that we all treat any personal data we collect as confidential. There are times, though, that we need to share your data with relevant selected third parties and by providing your personal data, you are agreeing to us sharing this.
In order to provide our services and other related business activities, we will need to collect and process information about you such as:
If you use our contact form our subscribe to our newsletter we may ask you for:
- your name (first name and surname)
- your email address
- your phone number
- how you like to hear from us in future (Email, Text, Post)
To complete your online purchase you will also be asked to provide us with:
- Information about the services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and Services, and so on);
- Your account login details, including your user name and chosen password;
- your billing address
- your shipping address (if different)
You will also be asked to provide our third party payment service provider with:
- your billing address
- your shipping address (if different)
- your payment details (e.g. credit card details)
By interacting with us on social media platforms by way of “liking”, “following”, commenting, “retweeting” or “sharing”, you understand that you are consenting for our interaction with you.
We measure visitors to our website using Google Analytics. This records what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer. All of that information is anonymous – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
The information we collect from analytics helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and so on. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
How do we use and share your information?
The information we (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) collect may be used to:
- Make available our goods and services to you;
- Make a tailored website experience available to you;
- Use banner advertising on other websites to present you with products we think may be of interest to you, based on your browsing history;
- Manage any registered account(s) you hold with us;
- Send you newsletters;
- Process your orders;
- Take payment from you or give you a refund;
- Personalise your experience;
- Verifying your identity, helping us ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud and crime;
- To better understand your needs by conducting market research, either ourselves or with reputable agencies;
- For statistical analysis, helping us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you consume;
- Find ways to improve our services, stores apps and websites;
- With your agreement, to contact you about products and services from us and other companies;
- Managing customer service interactions, helping answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
- Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our Terms of Website Use;
- Provide you with other marketing information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
We will not sell your name, address, e-mail address, or personal information to any third party without your permission. We will share your information with our carefully selected service providers to enable us to carry out our services, we may also share your information to enable us to comply with any applicable laws or lawful government and/or regulatory requests. Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute). In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets we may disclose and/or transfer your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller.
Sometimes we may ask for your permission to share your information with business partners, sponsors, advertisers and promoters (for example, if you enter a prize draw, competition or promotion, we may (if we tell you) share your information with any third party involved in that prize draw).
Newsletter Sign Up
Keeping you informed about our products and services
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
We would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and services and where you have consented to us doing so, we may do this through the post, by email, text message, online, using social media, push notifications via apps, or by any other electronic means.
We won’t send you marketing messages if you tell us not to but we will still need to send you occasional/essential service-related messages.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will retain a record of your personal information. This is done in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
Security and how we protect your information
We make sure that all personal data is well looked after and we always take reasonable steps to ensure that all data is treated securely and in accordance with all relevant laws.
Once we have received your personal data we will use all our powers and security features to try and prevent any unauthorised access but, unfortunately, nobody can guarantee 100% security all of the time. Therefore, we have to say that whilst we will do our utmost best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of any transmitted data to our site and therefore any transmission is at your own risk.
International data transfers
The information you provide to us will usually be stored and processed on servers based within the United Kingdom but you agree that we may store the data on carefully selected portable devices, in paper files, and to transfer data abroad.
It may be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our best to ensure that your personal data is kept securely.
We use third parties that may store data outside of the EEA in places such as USA. Companies such as Google (Email and cloud storage), Dropbox (cloud storage), Mailchimp (Email marketing), Kashflow/Receipt bank (Accounts), Siteground/United Hosting (web hosting/domains). There are agreements in place to ensure that all of our third party service providers process personal information using appropriate safeguards that meet the requirements of EU data protection laws.
Our websites use SSL encryption, we use 2 factor authentication as much as possible and store all of our passwords securely on password management solutions such as Dashlane.
Access and correction of your personal information
Before providing personal information to you we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us as set out below.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more and to have your information deleted.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- changing marketing preferences via your account;
- making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails or the “STOP” number for texts; and/or
- Contacting us via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Links to Other Websites
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was last updated on 21st May 2018 .
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of information placed on your computer or other device (such as smartphone or tablet) by a web page server that is uniquely assigned to you as you browse websites.
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. Without these cookies, interactive services such as shopping baskets cannot be provided.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you.
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Cookies are also used to provide aggregated statistics on visitors to our websites and their browsing behaviour. This enables us to order the site to make customers journeys easier, and if necessary, make improvements. The data is aggregated and anonymised, which means we cannot identify you as an individual.
- For more information on Mozilla Firefox, click here
- For more information on Microsoft Internet Explorer click here
- For more information on Google chrome click here
- For more information on Safari, click here
Please note, in general our website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off, you may not be able to fully experience all the features of our online services.